Friday, June 11, 2010

"King Of The Roost"




New acrylic painting fresh off the easel.
I've had fun painting this haughty Rooster. He has a cocky attitude like a true "King Of The Roost". My daughter had leftover gold-bronze paint from a painting she did a few months back and as I am not one to let good paint go to waste I coated a small 10x8 inch canvas with it at the time. Yesterday I realized it would make a great backdrop for a rooster so I randomly splashed cadmium red overtop the gold-bronze then re-glazed areas with old gold to tie it all back together. Then with white and black paint I loosely roughed in the rooster and continued to build color upon color till he came to life.

1 comment:

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Greetings Teresa,

I just love chickens and your painting is wonderful.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Egmont