Sunday, September 9, 2012

artists painting the fence; are the neighbours getting leery?

 I find Edmonton winters dreary lacking in color, sooo this is my attempt at a bit of color to see me through the winter. I'm considering to add more on this side but for now it will suffice as its cheerful.
I found the wooden swan candlestick holder at a garage-sale and added a solar light to it. I am so lucky that my endearing sweetie humours me; he attached the funky post tops I made from wood block scraps. All the post toppers are varied as I do like a touch of artistic eccentricity. I still need to photograph the back yard ones. 

 On the opposite side of the yard is a loon which can be seen from the street, it took two days to design and paint. The neighbours on that side have given thumbs up. I still need to make post toppers here though they will be designed to go with the painting. Maybe I can find dragonfly solar lights and attach one to the top post so it will look like its of the bulrush reed.
I wish you all a wonderful week, big hugs!

4 comments:

Red said...

Where were you when i tried to put something on my birch stump? I have something that looks very kindergardnish. The loon is extremely attractive.

tess stieben said...

I was off galavanting Alberta gathering photo references. We watched many loons in Jasper this summer so I was inspired this week to paint one for all who walk by to enjoy should they notice it.

Carol Blackburn said...

Tess, I love what you've done with the fence.....super job!

john said...

What a wonderful job you did on the fence. Maybe some of your neighbors will be inspired to comission you to beautify their fences as well. I look forward to seeing more photos from your trip to the Alberta praries.