Friday, January 20, 2012

Early Morning Gripe, and brrr-cold

I have been perusing a variety of sewing, mixed media and photo blogs lately and notice that many people place their logo right smack dab in the middle of the image instead of near a corner or at the base. I know when I started out I also put a watermark across images of my paintings till I realized how ugly it looked. Not quite what I want, after all should not art be presented in the best manner possible. I know theres the general discussion that someone may steal the image; solution, post it low res so that if viewed on computer its a good image but if its printed out it would be low quality with lots of pixillation. Personally I quickly pass over sites that put watermark name as priority across the center of an image as I find it annoying. And as for borrowing, if someone really wants one of my photos they could email and request a higher res image, after all isn't sharing is good for the soul.

The songs of early morning Finches squabbling for priority at the seed feeder sends a charming chinkling chitter to break the solitude of the deepfreeze we are presently experiencing. When its darn cold out I hibernate so the view through my frosty window gives much delight.
 Hubby now only puts out black-oil sunflower seeds as through experience we found the birds that frequent the feeder prefer the black-oil seeds to the regular so there is far less waste to sweep up. 
A Redbreasted Nuthatch keeping out of the wind-chill by snuggling up to the suet feeder. We bought expensive suet pellets that drop down inside the feeder to the trough where Nutty is sitting and cheap cheap suet which came in a ball which we flattened to fit the wire cage. Well through this we learned that none of our birds like the expensive stuff. We were hoping the flicker would come back and that is why we bought suet pellets, alas, sigh, have not seen him again.
Sporting a frosty shawl a male finch puffed-out on the lee side of the tree.
Enjoy the day and give blessings for small treasures and stay warm, and if you can't stay warm, think warm thoughts. 
Hugs.

3 comments:

nancy neva gagliano said...

ALWAYS think warm thoughts!
thank you for yours
and that
sweetest birdsong

Red said...

Like your rant in the first paragraph. It even makes sense to a non photographer like me. Surprised that most of my pictures have been downloaded. Why would anybody download my Christmas pictures?
Great bird pictures and survival in the cold.

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh, is that my favorite little bird that I painted last year? You need some more snow.