Image of the mountains sporting fresh snow a few weeks ago taken east of Calgary.
We had a water mishap mid-june where we had to scramble to remove matts, art, frames etc to safe dry ground. The matts were stored in very thick plastic bags which I presumed kept the water out, after all they seemed dry at the time. Well as it stands the bags had let water in that stayed in. I went to pull out matts to do framing and UGH! What a mess of mould. Out the door they went. I had to toss almost all my mat board stack, so sad to see such waste of supplies and $ float away.
That was about two weeks back and since then I have been busy removing stored items from my studio and settling them back where they belong. Today I moved folders that hold etchings and...oh no... the folder was damp, agggh. Our floors are now wall to wall in etchings. I believe they are alright but will have really scrutinize them to be sure once they have air-dried.
On the good note my studio is once again tidy and available to work in, so today I also splashed about some paint and worked on two paintings started previous to June.
To revive Frosty and add a little sparkle to his life I gave him a paint touch-up, but you have to wait to see the "new man-o-snow" as I realized I forgot to photograph him after his touch up.
As the north winds white wash the land, I delve in color memories.
Enjoy and share.