Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nativity's 4

I decided to keep posting nativity's as some people maybe don't get the opportunity to view so many as we are able to all in one place. Please may you enjoy the creativity and workmanship displayed no matter what your spiritual beliefs are.

 Colorful salt dough depictions; the wee flowers accents are charming and delightful. Poor Mary though has lost part of her head.

This one reminds me of the one we would see years ago in churches.

 Someones knitting needles were kept busy here.

 Starched draped fabric; I also saw many like this years ago when it was all the rage to construct draped figure art.

  I was able to capture the reflecting prisms in these small ornaments though not as well as I had hoped to.

 Precious Memories snow globe and a tiny hinged nativity.

To Love is the answer!

Handmade clay vessel from Cuba.

 Color to make your heart sing.

 Three wall quilts.

 I almost missed this one as it was tucked beneath the rim of a large bowl.

 A painting by Daniel Vanheyst, an instructor at Kings University College.
Please be considerate of copyright, please enjoy but please and do not copy this image in any way. Thank you.

 The following pieces are all really small nativity's that were behind glass windows. I am amazed I was able to capture decent enough images considering glass reflects everything.




May your day be blessed and your heart sing a joyous song, hugs!

1 comment:

Red said...

Thanks for posting the nativity scenes. I've rally enjoyed taking a look at them . I know I should look with more thought and appreciation. My favorites are the wood carvings.
Have a wonderful Christmas!