Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Alberta Deer set up shady mens club

Old memories of a not so distant past lie abandoned throughout the plains.
Here are a few interesting shot taken on our camping trip. We stopped to photograph an old timber barn and received a pleasant surprise. Out of the barn came this small 3 point buck who quickly bolted around the corner. Inside the barn we noticed a large 3 point buck and a large 4 point buck. Of course in my excitement I forgot I had the camera on manual and started shooting without making the necessary adjustments, at least I got a few images that show the one large buck still inside. And luck would have it the smaller buck came back around the corner to take a second look at the heat crazed photographer before ambling off with a young doe who had been resting nearby in the shade of a small shed.
A young osprey on nest near the Waterton reservoir.
Small black bear that crossed the road in front of the van, I had the telephoto lens on so captured a good portrait. Gerald got a good full figure shot of the bear from his window as it ventured toward us. It looks bigger in my photo than it was, in fact he was quite a small bear, maybe a yearling?
A portrait of a church, from a church. Dorthy Alberta. This little community near Drumheller is renovating the churches, I only went in the one as the other was too musty smelling and gave me the creeps. There was also an old log cabin with an outhouse out back. I asked Gerald if he checked it out to see if it was in working order but he said "no" that he only photographed it from outside (the big chicken, lol).

No comments: