Wednesday, May 12, 2010

fresh off the easel

I have been busy creating and framing for the Camrose Art Walk. This year I am submitting ten paintings, both acrylic paintings and watercolors. My daughter is submitting pigment print photography of her travels in Asia and Australia so Gerald has been busy helping frame her images as they are due to be delivered saturday to the Arts Center. Thank goodness I have help in my endeavors.

"Raven Speak", acrylic on canvas

"The Gift; Yellow Warblers" acrylic on canvas

3 comments:

Red said...

Have you ever submited anything to the Art of nature Show which is held at the Kerry Wood nature Center?

tess stieben said...

No, I haven't yet, even though on trips to Calgary we stop for a walk and a picnic there and we always find some wonderful bird to photograph. In fact the Kinglet I posted a while back was photographed right outside the center. its such a beautiful spot.

-Don said...

These two paintings compliment each other nicely - both in color and in emotional response. The fiery intense nature of the raven is balanced perfectly by the quiet duo being sung by the warblers. Love 'em both! Good luck with the upcoming shows...

-Don